Procedures for Expense Reimbursement
Check Request Form
Thank you for your work on behalf of God’s ministry at Rejoice! If you incur an expense that requires reimbursement, we want to be sure that:
Here’s what to do:
- You are reimbursed as quickly as possible.
- We maintain complete and accurate records which are consistent with responsible accounting practices, yet make things as simple and hassle-free as possible for you.
- Insure that expenses for each ministry are within our budget guidelines for that ministry.
- Please check with your ministry leader to be sure your purchase is within the ministry scope and budget. Core Leadership Team members are each responsible for the budget in their areas.
- Please fill out a reimbursement request form (click here to download a PDF of the form). Be sure to sign and date it. If you know the account number, great! If not, tell us the ministry area and reason for purchase, and we’ll fill in the number. We must have a signed form and a copy of the receipt or invoice to be able to reimburse the expense.
- Turn the form in to your ministry leader or to the church office with receipts attached.
We will mail a check to you within 7-10 days. If you need reimbursement sooner, let our office know, and we’ll take care of it. We don’t make a practice of issuing checks in advance of a purchase, but occasionally there is need for one. If this is the case, please contact Donna Ogle, our interim Business Manager.
One more thing:
- If you make a purchase, please present a Illinois Dept of Revenue letter to avoid sales tax. We can’t put the letter on our website; if you don’t already have one, call the office and we’ll email it to you. Most stores will accept this letter without additional paperwork. Use the letter ONLY for Rejoice purchases. If you have personal items as well, separate them into two transactions. This is really important to maintain, and witness to, the integrity of our ministry.
If you have any questions, please call Neil Edmondson at 630-262-0596, ext 5 or click here to email Neil